Update: Man Buried in Landslide Dies in Minnesota State Park
MANKATO (WJON News) -- A man died in a landslide at a Minnesota State Park.
The Blue Earth County Sheriff's Office says on Saturday just before 5:00 p.m. they got a call of a landslide at the Minneopa State Park Falls area and someone was trapped under the earth that had collapsed.
Emergency workers were able to locate the man trapped.
They found a 19-year-old man who died. The Sheriff's Office says the man has been identified as Jack Loso of Robbinsdale.
Loso was visiting the park with family members when the incident happened.
The incident remains under investigation. Officials have not said what they believed caused the landslide.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources says the trail to the base of Minneopa falls is closed until further notice. The falls are still visible from the upper viewing area.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Minnesota Sheriff Warns Parents About iPhone Update
- Holiday Festivities in St. Joseph for WinterWalk
- Minnesota's Holiday Baking Chronicled in Cookbooks
- State Commission Picks 6 Flag, 5 Seal Designs
- Chain Link Fence Installed Along Highway 10 in St. Cloud
- Country Music's Aaron Tippin Coming to St. Cloud