A New Minnesota State Seal Has Been Selected
A statement from the designer says,
this emblem features the state bird in a pose that signifies pride and energy. The waves symbolize our abundance of lakes.
The wild rice, our state grain, represents the agriculture of today and of Native American tribes.
The pine trees represent our forests and land.
19 stars fill the sky to represent MN as the 19th state to join the union after the original 13.
The large North Star represents Minnesota.
Elements from the previous seal are used: the circular shape, similar typography and radial pattern.
This symbol represents the abundance of natural resources that are the foundation of the economy and vitality of Minnesota.
The Commission says the selection is still subject to modifications. It will be presented to the Minnesota State Legislature for final approval.
As for the new state flag design, there are six finalists which are still up for consideration.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- St. Cloud Soup Event Planned for Sunday
- Get Ready to Jingle & Mingle in Sauk Rapids on Saturday
- St. Cloud Light Festival Warns About Buying Fake Tickets
- Minnesota's Weather Outlook for December
- St. Cloud Boxing Club Turning Out National Champions