ST. CLOUD --The St. Cloud Fire Department responded to a large garage fire last night (Monday).

The fire was called in at 9:50 p.m. in the 600 block of 2nd Avenue Northeast, near Wilson Park.

Lynn Cook with St. Cloud Fire says the fire started with a mattress in the garage.

Residents in the home apparently had a plan to dispose of the mattress in a rural area and decided to do a "test burn" in the garage.

The fire got out of control and was called in by a passerby. Fire crews were on the scene until 1:30 a.m. and were able to mostly prevent the blaze from spreading to the house, the garage is a total loss.

A boat in the garage was destroyed, along with a car in the driveway.

Nobody was hurt in the incident. The fire likely caused between $150,000 to $200,000 in damage.