UPDATE: No One Hurt in Southside Apartment Fire [AUDIO]
ST. CLOUD - The St. Cloud fire department responded to an apartment fire this (Thursday) morning. The fire was on the lower level of a duplex at 603 14th Street South.
Fire officials say the call came in just after 5:30 a.m. No one was hurt, and the occupants were able to get out of the home by the time the fire crews arrived. St. Cloud Fire Marshall Mike Post says at least 10 were inside at the time of the fire and were able to get out in time thanks to smoke detectors.
Those who escaped didn't have time to get dressed and some didn't have socks on, they were put into police squad cars to keep warm.
The fire started near a work bench with several electrical outlets and spread through the walls, which made it difficult for fire fighters to battle the blaze.
Post says the fire was accidental.
The fire caused an estimated $120,000 in damages.
American Red Cross volunteers are helping the five people who were displaced from this mornings fire by providing shelter, food, clothing and emotional support.