Independence Day Gas Prices Much Cheaper Than 1 Year Ago
UNDATED (WJON News) -- There isn't as much pain at the pump this 4th of July holiday, compared to a year ago.
Gas Buddy says prices are projected to be over $1.30 per gallon less than they were in 2022, with the national average estimated to be $3.49 on the holiday this year.
You'd probably like to forget the record prices we paid last year when the national average surged over $5 per gallon.
According to GasBuddy's 2023 summer travel survey, 36 percent of drivers are planning to take a road trip over Independence Day weekend, up nine percent from last year.
Even though prices at the pump remain volatile they are projected to remain in the $3.50 to $4 range throughout the rest of the summer.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- 50th Anniversary of Lemonade Art Fair At SCSU
- Catholic Charities Leader Stepping Down
- $50,000 Winning Lottery Ticket Sold in St. Cloud
- Sartell Finalizes Purchases of Former Paper Mill Site
- Scooter's Coffee Proposed for Downtown Sauk Rapids