Fire Destroys Garage in St. Stephen
ST. STEPHEN -- Authorities responded to a garage fire in St. Stephen Tuesday.
The Stearns County Sheriff's Office says the owner was working on a snowmobile when a spark ignited some fuel that had been leaking in the engine.
The owner tried to put out the fire but soon the machine was fully engulfed and he fled the scene.
The fire quickly spread throughout the garage as there were other snowmobiles, gasoline, kerosene and welding tanks inside adding fuel to the fire.
Members of the Stephen, Sartell and St. Joseph fire departments arrived to put out the blaze.
The owner suffered minor burns to his hand. Authorities say the garage is a total loss.