Winona Boy Charged In Second School Gun Incident
WINONA (AP) - Police say a 15-year-old boy accused of bringing a loaded gun to high school in Winona could face charges in a second similar incident at a football game.
Deputy Police Chief Tom Williams says the boy is accused of pointing a gun on a female student outside Paul Giel Field on Sept. 20. Williams says the girl's father reported the incident last week.
The boy is also accused of bringing a handgun to school for several weeks and, on one occasion, pointing it at the head of another student near the bike racks. The boy remains in a secure detention facility.
Superintendent Scott Hannon has scheduled a meeting with parents at the high school Thursday evening.