UPDATE: 11 Apply For Open District 742 School Board Seat
ST. CLOUD - Eleven people have applied for the open school board seat in the St. Cloud area school district.
Hudda Ibrahim, Richard Studer, Eunice Adjei-Bosompem, Peter Hamerlinck, Hassan Yussuf, Michael Conway, Scott Andreasen, Debbie Erickson, Kaye Raden-Bechtold, John Palmer and Shannon Haws have all applied.
The seat was left open after Cindy Harner resigned last month. Harner decided to step down after being arrested on suspicion of 4th degree DWI and 3rd Degree Test Refusal.
- Ibrahim was born in Somalia and came to the United States in 2006. She is the editor-in-chief of the Somali Current in Minneapolis.
- Hamerlinck was a District 742 school board member from 2011-2014 and was edged out by Bruce Hentges in the last election. He is an account manager at IVO Networks in Bloomington.
- Erickson is co-chair of the District 742 bond referendum committee and was a member of the high school task force. She is also a board member of the local education and activities foundation (LEAF).
- Raden-Bechtold is a real estate agent for Edina Realty. She has previously served as city administrator for Rice.
- Palmer is an Army veteran and former faculty member at St. Cloud State University. He has a doctorate in educational administration from the University of Minnesota.
- Haws is an office manager at Comfort Keepers in Waite Park. She was previously a teacher, swim coach and director of operations for a preschool in Homer, Alaska.
- Studer has a bachelor of arts in history from Parsons College in Fairfield, Iowa. He was born and raised in St. Cloud and was a Tech graduate in 1966.
- Adjei-Bosompem is the chair of the regional human rights commission and board member of TRI-CAP and the St. Cloud State University Alumni Association.
- Yussuf placed sixth in the latest District 742 board election. He is a tax and immigration services specialist and has an undergraduate degree in social science from St. Cloud State and a masters in public administration from Minnesota State University-Mankato.
- Conway placed fifth in the recent District 742 board election. He is a senior software trainer and implementation consultant at Wolters Kluwer Financial Services.
- Andreasen was edged by Yussuf for the final ballot spot in the recent District 742 board election. He is a licensed private detective.
The deadline to apply for the open seat was 4:00 p.m. on Monday. The school board may select finalists for the seat during their meeting on Wednesday night.
After an interview process, the board will vote to fill the position by June 25th, before their regular business meeting.