MAPLE LAKE (WJON News) -- Four people suffered burns after a tent caught fire in Maple Lake Sunday.

The Wright County Sheriff's Office and emergency responders were called out to 460 Ash Avenue South at around 8:50 p.m. Deputies arrived to discover two women and two juvenile girls had been inside a tent when it caught fire.

Authorities say one of the women was using an aerosol can for an art project when the fumes were ignited by an insect-repellent candle just outside of the tent.

A 20-year-old victim was taken to HCMC with severe burns to her legs.

AM 1240 WJON logo
Get our free mobile app

A 37-year-old woman was taken to Buffalo Hospital for 2nd-degree burns to her foot, hand, and forearm.

A 14-year-old girl and a 16-year-old girl were brought to the Buffalo Hospital by family members for the treatment of minor burns.




LOOK: Was 2023 The Hottest Summer On Record?

Temperatures soared in 2023 as brutal heat set new records across the United States this summer.

LOOK: 30 Best Major League Baseball Home Run Celebrations Using Props

We examined every Major League Baseball team and found our 30 favorite home run celebrations where players brought props to the party.

LOOKING UP: 40 Breathtaking Images Of The Perseid Meteor Shower Around The World

According to NASA, the Perseid meteor shower is "considered the best meteor shower of the year." The show typically peaks mid-August. For 2023, the shower peaked around the world between Aug. 12-14. The latest edition of the meteor shower created an extra special light show in the sky. Here is what the Perseid meteor shower looked like across the globe.

More From AM 1240 WJON