WJON Makes ‘World’s Greatest Stuffing’ for Thanksgiving [VIDEO]
ST. CLOUD -- Turkey Day is just around the corner, have you decided what kind of stuffing you'll be making?
Last week, WJON Reporters Chrissy Gaetke and Richard Leguil asked WJON's Facebook followers to send them their favorite stuffing recipes. Several wrote in sharing their family's secret recipes, low-carb recipes and unique recipes but only one person sent in a recipe saying his stuffing was the "World's Greatest Stuffing."
Since James from Sartell told WJON that he had the greatest stuffing in the world, we decided to put it to the test and make the "World's Greatest Stuffing."
You can watch the video to see how the "World's Greatest Stuffing" is made. Also, you can find the full recipe below. If you make it for Thanksgiving, let us know how it turned out!
World's Greatest Stuffing Recipe
- 1 - 14 oz. bag of Pepperidge Farm shredded breading
- 1 - 12 oz. bag of Pepperidge Farm cubed breading
- 1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 stalks of celery finely chopped
- 1 cup of carrots finely chopped
- 3 strips of fried bacon finely chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- Finely chop celery, carrots, and onion, sautee in a large pot on medium heat with a full stick of butter, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- While vegetables are cooking, fry, chop and add bacon (with grease) to vegetables.
- In a separate saucepan boil chicken broth.
- Lastly, add your breadcrumbs to the pot and slowly add your broth until all the breading is moist but not soggy.
- Place the stuffing inside the turkey and cook as directed.