Update: 4 Vehicles Including an Air Force Bus Involved in I-94 Crash
ALBERTVILLE --Several people were hurt in a four vehicle crash involving a semi and Air Force reserve bus Thursday near Albertville.
The incident happened around 12:00 p.m.
The Minnesota State Patrol says a semi driven by 66-year-old Steven Bobo of Tomah, Wisconsin was heading west on I-94 when he struck a bus driven by 30-year-old Ryan Simpson of Peru, Illinois, that was stopped in traffic. The collision caused the bus to roll, striking two other vehicles also stuck in traffic.
The occupants of the vehicles hit by the bus were not hurt.
Bobo sustained minor injuries, and was not taken to the hospital. According Sgt. Jesse Grabow one of those injured in the bus was seriously hurt, however that information was not released, the full list of those injured on the bus:
- 30-year-old Peter Bolle of Cottage Grove
- 23-year-old Jacob Cisar of Moose Lake
- 30-year-old Aaron Davies of Madison, Wisconsin
- 29-year-old Travis Doig of San Angelo, Texas
- 27-year-old John Fonder of Lakeville
- 51-year-old Barton Hughes of Blaine
- 31-year-old Thomas Jacobson of Pewaukee, Wisconsin
- 41-year-old Robert Preskorn of Hager City, Wisconsin
- 25-year-old Chelsea Schattner of Kansasville, Wisconsin
According to a spokesman for the 934th Airlift Wing, Paul Zadach, the bus was on its way to Fargo for training.
The patrol and MnDOT shut down westbound I-94 through Albertville for a few hours after the incident.
The Interstate was re-opened around 3:45 p.m.