‘Reverse Food Truck’ Coming To St. Cloud
ST. CLOUD -- A Minnesota company's "reverse food truck" will kick off a month of events in the St. Cloud area tomorrow (Friday).
The truck acts as a mobile food drive and is run by Finnegans Brew Company, a Minneapolis-based beer company that donates 100 percent of its profits back to the community.
The reverse food truck -- which is in its second year -- will collect non-perishable food items for Catholic Charities in seven events around the area throughout the month of May.
Jacquie Berglund, CEO of Finnegans, says they are teaming up with a local company this summer to collect food in central Minnesota.
"This year, when I was talking with our beer distributors, we brought up the idea of [taking] a beer van and making it a reverse food truck," Berglund says. "Then we could run these promotions and food drives all over the state."
"Our friends at Bernick's said they'd love to do that so now we have a Bernick's reverse food truck which will be running drives in the St. Cloud, Brainerd, and Duluth areas."
Everybody who brings a non-perishable food item will receive discount coupons for Finnegans beer and
"I'm really looking forward to hopefully a lot of people being out and about and for us to get the word out that you can come out, donate, and have a fun social time," says Berglund, who will be working in the reverse food truck for the events.
Berglund says anybody interested in volunteering can sign up on their website.
"The more the merrier," Berglund says. "We're going to have activities going all summer, so lots of ways to volunteer and support the cause."
Finnegans has donated over $500,000 dollars to Minnesota charities since 2003.
Reverse Food Truck Events Schedule
- Friday, May 8th: 5:00-7:00 p.m. Grizzly's, and 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Boulder Tap House in St. Cloud.
- Wednesday, May 13th: 4:00-6:00 p.m. at House of Pizza in Sartell. and 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Jimmy's Pour House in Sauk Rapids.
- Friday, May 15th: 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Coborn's in Sartell.
- Thursday, May 21st: 4:00-6:00 p.m. at Spirits in Melrose.
- Friday, May 22nd: 4:00-6:00 p.m. at West Side Liquor in Waite Park.
- Thursday, May 28th: 5:00-7:00 p.m. at West Side Liquor in Sartell.
- Friday, May 29th: 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Coborn's in St. Cloud.