Have a ‘Spunktacular’ Time in Avon This Weekend
AVON -- Two days of fun summer events will give you a chance to have a "spunktacular" time this weekend in Avon.
Avon's 25th annual Spunktacular Days kicks off Friday night with live music by the Fabulous Armadillos at 8:30 p.m.
Saturday's festivities start off with a 5K run held at Middle Spunk Beach beginning at 8:00 a.m. Other events include a Craft Fair, Lady Slipper Nature Ride and kids fishing contest.
New this year are softball and bean bag tournaments, a talent show, and a health expo.
A parade will start at 7:00 p.m. with Grand Marshal Ray Schmidt. Live music by Stone Road will go from 8:30 to midnight, closing out the fun-filled two-day event.
All events will be held at the Wobegon Trailhead.
- Food court and beer garden open at 5:00 p.m.
- Live music by Fabulous Armadillos 8:30-11:30 p.m.
- Journey to Health Expo on the beach from 7:00-9:00 a.m.
- 5K and 1K Run/Walk at Middle Spunk Beach 7:00 a.m. Registration 8:00 a.m. start
- 4th annual Lady Slipper Nature Ride with 8:00-10:00 a.m. check-in
- Craft Fair running from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Softball Tournament begins at 9:00 a.m. (Call 320-356-7730)
- Bean Bag Tournament (Call 320-224-1480)
- Kids' 1K Run at 9:00 a.m.
- Kids' Fishing Contest at 9:30 a.m.
- Turtle Races at Avon Dental. 10:30 registration 11:00 a.m. start
- Inflatable games from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Petting Zoo and Pony Rides from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Talent Show from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Call 320-845-7033)
- Parade begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Live music by Stone Road from 8:30 p.m. to midnight