Madison Elementary School was evacuated this (Monday) afternoon after reports of a gas leak. St. Cloud Area School District 742 spokesperson Tami DeLand says the school was evacuated just after 4:30 p.m. as a precautionary measure after a report of a natural gas odor at the school.
There was a gas leak at St. Cloud's North Junior High. WJON reporter Isaac Schweer was on the scene. He says officials have told him the gas line may have been broken while excavation crews were working.
Several businesses in Zimmerman were evacuated yesterday (Wednesday) because of a gas leak. The Sherburne County Sheriff's Office says the incident began at 2:00 p.m. when emergency vehicle were dispatched to 3rd Street East and Fremont Avenue.