Madison Elementary Evacuated After Reports of Gas Leak
ST. CLOUD -- Madison Elementary School was evacuated this (Monday) afternoon after reports of a gas leak.
St. Cloud Area School District 742 spokesperson Tami DeLand says the school was evacuated just after 4:30 p.m. as a precautionary measure after a report of a natural gas odor at the school.
The St. Cloud Fire Department were called to the scene.
DeLand says children and staff participating in KIDSTOP are sheltering at St. Peter and Paul's church as a precaution. Madison KIDSTOP is dismissing from St. Peter and Paul’s church this evening. Families will pick up their children at
930 31st Avenue North.
At this point, District 742 officials expect school will be in session at Madison tomorrow.