ST. CLOUD -- Stearns County has a reminder for homeowners whose property was damaged by high water or flooding this summer.

Stearns County wants residents to know that if your shorelines and structures were damaged because of high water you may need a permit before doing any work.

The rules stipulate if you alter the topography, place rock riprap or perform maintenance on sand blankets above the "Ordinary High Water Level" or on structures damaged by high water a permit may be needed.

Whats more, any shoreline alteration must first be authorized by a minor or major shoreland alteration permit. Any construction would require a construction site permit.

If you have questions, call Stearns County Environmental Services at 656-3613 or the DNR at 255-4279. You can also log on to the Stearns County's website or DNR website for more information.

More From AM 1240 WJON