CentraCare Health In Long Prairie Evacuated Due To Generator Fire
LONG PRAIRIE - CentraCare Health in Long Prairie had a small fire in a back-up generator for the nursing home on Monday. It was contained by the Long Prairie Fire Department in about 15 minutes.
The fire prompted an emergency evacuation of part of the hospital and nursing home as a precaution.
No one was hurt, and patients and residents were allowed back in less than an hour.
The generator was already scheduled to be replaced later this month. The new generator was already on site and has been installed.