Better Business Bureau Tips for Safe Shopping on Cyber Monday
UNDATED – We’re all well aware of Black Friday, and many people will take advantage of Small business Saturday, but there’s another shopping holiday that’s right around the corner.
For the last several years, Cyber Monday, dedicated to online shopping, has become very popular with shoppers who aren’t keen on long lines at store sales.
Cyber Monday is coming up tomorrow, and the Better Business Bureau has a few key suggestions to make sure you shop safely on the internet.
- First, make sure the computer you’re shopping with has updated and functional virus software.
- Make sure you’re keeping your shopping limited to reputable websites , and get a read on the site’s reputation before buying.
- Take the time to read the privacy info on the site – and understand how they’ll be using your personal information.
- Sham websites tend to tout very low prices, so beware of deals that seem too good to be true.
- Look for spelling or grammar errors.
- Scan the site for the “lock” symbol when buying – that means your purchase is secure.
- Pay with a credit card and save your documentation.
Finally, know your rights – Federal Law states that your stuff should be shipped within 30 days, and if not, you can cancel and demand a refund.