Contact Us

Waite Park to Consider Study on Quiet Zones

Getty Images

WAITE PARK – The Waite Park City Council is revisiting the idea of creating a quiet zone.

Tonight (Monday) the city council will consider conducting a study on the issue.

The city would have to pay for 20 percent of the cost of the study, which would be about $4,000.  The APO would pay for the other 80 percent.

Waite Park has five railroad crossings in the city, several that go through residential neighborhoods.

There has been increased train traffic in Waite Park, mainly because of the new Archer Daniels Midland grain elevator.

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!