Contact Us

Waite Park Council Reviews Quiet Zone Study Results [AUDIO]

Waite Park City Hall, photo by WJON.com’s Jim Maurice

WAITE PARK — The Waite Park City Council decided not to take action tonight (Monday) on the Quiet Zone project.

The council was presented with the results of the Quiet Zone study which looked at various options to silence trains at crossings in the community.

The study took about a year to complete. The city paid about 20 percent of the cost of the Quiet Zone Study, which totaled about $4,000. The APO paid for the other 80 percent.

Each of the four options highlighted future upgrades that would need to be made in order to meet the basic requirements to become a quiet zone.

It was the consultant’s recommendation to the council they go with the option that included adding a median along Second Avenue and creating entrance only alley access.

This would cost the city nearly $1-million. City Administrator Shaunna Johnson says it’s not something the council wants to pursue at this time.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Johnson says if they decided to bring the Quiet Zone project back to the table the future they will use tonight’s (Monday) data to make a decision.

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!