Contact Us

Man’s Death Leads To MN Motel Fire

FireINTERNATIONAL FALLS, Minn. (AP) – Fire investigators say a 70-year-old man’s death while smoking led to a fire at an International Falls motel.

Police say Runo Korpi died from medical complications at the Budget Host Inn. A cigarette Korpi was smoking then ignited the room.

KQDS-TV reports the International Falls fire chief says Korpi’s body was found on the floor between his bed and a chair.

Hotel guests reported the fire just after 3:40 a.m. Tuesday. Several guests were evacuated safety and sent to another hotel to stay.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!