Man’s Death Leads To MN Motel Fire
INTERNATIONAL FALLS, Minn. (AP) – Fire investigators say a 70-year-old man’s death while smoking led to a fire at an International Falls motel.
Police say Runo Korpi died from medical complications at the Budget Host Inn. A cigarette Korpi was smoking then ignited the room.
KQDS-TV reports the International Falls fire chief says Korpi’s body was found on the floor between his bed and a chair.
Hotel guests reported the fire just after 3:40 a.m. Tuesday. Several guests were evacuated safety and sent to another hotel to stay.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)