Illegal Fireworks Cause ATV/Trailer Fire, Total Loss
AVON TOWNSHIP -- The Stearns County Sheriff's Office responded to an ATV fire late Friday night. Deputies were called around 11:15 p.m. to 18651 County Road 154 in Avon Township.
Fifty-eight-year-old Scott Michaletz of North Branch saw his ATV on fire from inside of a vacation home. His 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 and an attached Otter trailer were fully engulfed in flames.
The fire is believed to have been started by spend illegal fireworks that were left in the trailer that was attached to the ATV. The ATV and the trailer are total losses.