The Ten Things Food Banks Need Most Around Holidays
Food banks are always looking for your donations, but around the holidays, we can really spruce up our efforts and think about what it takes to make your family a holiday meal.
- Holiday foods - Stove Top stuffing, cranberry sauces, canned yams.
- Canned veggies - Low sodium choices are best.
- Pasta - Whole grain pasta is recommended.
- Rice and beans - Couscous and quinoa are good as well.
- Juicy boxes - Especially 100% fruit juices.
- Canned tuna, chicken, and salmon.
- Cereal and oatmeal. Quick healthy breakfasts.
- Canned soup. Hearty soups like Chunky, or Dinty Moore.
- Cooking oils - Olive oil and canola oil.
There's several different locations that benefit those in need. Some are below:
- Catholic Charities
- St. Cloud Food Pantries
- Salvation Army Food Shelf St. Cloud
Keep those less fortunate in your thoughts and prayers, and as you shop for your family, grab a few extras, ane put them back for those in need.