Contact Us

Sartell to Use Grant to Build New Sidewalk for Schoolkids

(PHOTO: Alex Svejkovsky, WJON News)

SARTELL — Sartell will use a $435,287 Safe Routes to School Grant to create a safe route for kids near Pine Meadow Elementary to bike or walk to school.

Sartell Planning Associate Therese Haffner says they will build a sidewalk along Second Street South so kids on the south side of the street have a safe way to connect with Pinecone Road.  She says with the speed limit at 40 miles-per-hour and traffic counts exceeding 11,000 cars on Second Street South per day, they didn’t want kids to have to cross the road to access a sidewalk.

Haffner says they have over 300 kids who will benefit from the new sidewalk.

The grant is for 80% of the project and the city must pay the remaining 20% as a local match.

The sidewalk will be along Second Street South and run from 4th Avenue South to Pinecone Road.  The project is slated for construction in 2016.

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!