Contact Us

New Report Indicates Drop in Charitable Donations from 2009-2010 in Minnesota [AUDIO]

seannaber, Flickr

ST. CLOUD – Our economy continues to be volatile and unpredictable, and organizations that depend on charitable donations are feeling the consequences.

A new report released last week by the Minnesota Council on Foundations says individual, foundation and corporate donations to non profits dropped by nearly ten percent in the 2009-2010 fiscal year.

Glen Tautges is the Development Officer for the Central Minnesota Community Foundation in St. Cloud. He says the recession has make an undeniable dent in giving, but things are looking a little better in recent months.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Tautges says it’s understandable that in tough times, families need to prioritize and save money for the essentials.

Here in Minnesota, donations from individual people constitutes 72 percent of charitable giving in Minnesota, with corporate and foundation gifts making up the other 28 percent.

Best of WJON

Recommended For You

Around the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a member? Sign up here

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive The WJON VIP Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.