Minnesota Toddler In North Dakota Hospital Breathing On His Own
FARGO, N.D. (AP) - A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who was poisoned when he bit into a Tide detergent pod is improving at a North Dakota hospital.
Alexander Rohde from Hitterdal, Minn., was flown to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo last weekend.
He's now breathing on his own.
An aunt posted to an online site that Alex was taken off the breathing tubes on Friday morning and "being a little feisty" but that's OK.
Family members say he thought the pod was a treat. He started throwing up and soon could not breathe.
Alex's mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, saysTide should change the look of its pod. The company said in a statement it's working to educate people on keeping them out of the reach of children.