If You Can’t Text Something Nice…Don’t Text Anything At All
If you're the one expressing yourself through negative texts to a person that you are angry with, there's no better feeling than to get your feelings out. But after a while...shouldn't the texts stop? There should be a word for rambling negative texts....Is there a word for that?
- PUKING YOUR GUTSING
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
If you're the recipient of negative rambling texts, there are a few things you can do after the obvious apology for whatever you have done to upset someone. Sometimes you just want to respond out of anger and hurt. But we have some better ideas:
- Show kindness: Usually underneath the negative words, is pain. Do your best to not respond to the negativity.
- Don't take it personally: They may be angry or hurt, and say things that they will most likely regret later. So don't put to much thought into what you're reading.
- Block the number: You have the ability to block this person from calling you. Simply go to the contact edit page in your phone, and select Block Caller.
- Change text notification: If you're getting late night texts and you have to get up and work the next morning, set the text tone to "none". You can read the ramblings if you choose in the morning, when you're well rested.
- Change ring tones: You can also change the sound of that particular person so you know when they are trying to contact you. If you are in the middle of doing homework with your kids, and you don't need rambling swear words appearing before your children, you can change the setting.
- Call the police: If the person is threatening you or themselves, don't hesitate to contact the authorities. They are their to help in either situation.