Grants Awarded to St. Cloud Area Arts Programs
ST. CLOUD - Eight area arts programs will benefit from $30,000 in funding from the Central Minnesota Community Foundation.
The group made the announcement today, saying the grants range from $2000 to $5000 for each program.
The funds will finance programs such as the Boys and Girls Club's summer drama program and the GREAT Theatre's "Immigration Theatre Residency."
The foundation cites research which shows the arts as valuable tools for strengthening literacy and critical thinking skills in kids, especially during the summer months out-of-school.
Funded projects include:
- $5,000 to Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota's "Drama Matters" program
- $5,000 to the Chamber Music Society of Minnesota
- $5,000 to the GREAT Theatre for the "Immigration Theatre Residency
- $5,000 to the St. Cloud Symphony Orchestra Music Education Programs
- $3,000 to the St. Cloud Municipal Band's "Summer Concert Series"
- $2,700 to the Paramount's "Local Roots Concert Series"
- $2,500 to the Stearns History Museum's "Momentum Art Exhibit"
- $2,000 to the Millstream Arts Festival