Kelly’s Corner – Eight Secrets From Restaurant Chefs
The Food Network surveyed a bunch of chefs around the country and found a few things that you might find disturbing. Here's their dirty little secrets.
- 75% of them said that they have seen roaches in their kitchen. (Do they make it to your plate?)
- 13% have seen someone intentionally mess with food that someone sent back to the kitchen too! (Is that a mushroom or a fly...Yikes!)
- Half of chefs have had to work when they are sick. (Sneeze....uh..yuk.)
- 25% of chefs have used the 'five second rule" and cooked something they dropped on the floor. (What...you do this at home...right? NOT!)
- The most popular fast food for chef's is Wendy's. (I agree.)
- The definition of vegetarian is flexible. 15% of chefs said their veggie dishes contained at least a little bit of meat. (I knew there was meat in there!)
- Chef's don't recomment ordering pasta or chicken because they are the most overpriced and least interesting items on the menu.(I could have told you that.)
- 60% of chefs surveyed wished they were celebrities with their own cooking shows, but since they aren't, the do steal ideas from other restaurant menus and make them their own.