22-Year-Old Dies Of Peanut Allergy Reaction
RAMSEY (AP) - Family members say a peanut allergy caused the death of a 22-year-old Ramsey man.
Brian Kelly says his son, Bruce, had a fatal reaction after eating some chocolate that was made in a plant that also processed foods with peanuts. Kelly says his son suffered the reaction at his home Monday and lapsed into unconsciousness. Kelly started CPR until emergency responders arrived.
Bruce's twin brother, Ryan, has the same allergy. Their parents say the boys have been diligent about avoiding foods with peanuts since they were diagnosed with the allergy as babies. The twins' mother, Beth Kelly, says her son had grown complacent about eating food with factory processing warnings. She says he had no reaction after eating some of the chocolate days before.