Top 5 at 7:45 – 8 Track Tapes My Parents Had
The Top 5 at 7:45 is saluting National 8-Track Tape Day by remembering the 8-track tapes my parents always listened to when I was a kid. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekday mornings with Jay Caldwell on WJON.
5) Carpenters Christmas - My Mom loved Karen Carpenter
4) Star Wars - The first one, a "New Hope". I listened to it until it didn't work anymore
3) Johnny Mathis Christmas - I'd wake up in December hearing Silver Bells or White Christmas from Johnny Mathis.
2) Jim Croce - I always liked don't mess around with Jim.
1) Cat Stevens - Peace Train, Wild World, etc...