Christmas Music, Outdoor Furniture, JFK Conspiracies – “What Up Wednesday”
It's a "What Up Wednesday" on WJON this morning and we're talking about a lot of topics. I'm taking your phone calls at 320-252-5852.
Here's what you're talking about this morning:
-- The 50th Anniversary of the JFK Assassination
There are all sorts of specials on TV these days including the movie of Bill O'Reilly's book, "Killing Kennedy."
- Tom: "There was a conspiracy connection, no doubt."
- "There are a lot of unanswered things that happened with that."
-- Is it too early to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving?
Lots of radio stations are already playing Christmas music. Will you listen?
- Jim Maurice: "It's up to each person. But I would probably change the station."
-- How do you feel about the city's decision to fine people for leaving furniture outside?
The St. Cloud city council voted to prohibit putting indoor furniture outside in a vote on Monday.
- "Iraq and Afghanistan were never a threat to my liberty, but little by little, we are all threatened by these ordinances."
- "When I was a kid, we did all our playing in the back yard. It was private, and you could do what you wanted to do. You could leave a couch out and no one would care. But now people are moving to the front yards, where everyone can see everything."
- "I'm glad they're doing something about all that furniture. It really does look junky. The [St. Cloud State] students do bring a lot to the community, but they don't need to be slobs about it."
- "We don't need all these petty little laws, but how do you teach common sense?"