Waite Park Police Find Stolen Mail During Traffic Stop
WAITE PARK — The Waite Park Police Department is warning you of recent mail thefts in the area.
On January 21st just after 10:00 p.m., an officer from the Waite Park police department made a traffic stop, and arrest, of a driver for a DUI.
A search revealed the driver had a significant amount of U.S. Mail taken from mailboxes throughout the area.
Most of the mail was postmarked between January 14th and 20th, however some mail dated back to December.
Cities affected from the thefts include St. Cloud, Sauk Rapids, Becker, Clear Lake and Clearwater.
The suspect’s name is being withheld at this time due to the on-going investigation.
Waite Park police suggest you:
– Do not leave outgoing mail in your mailbox
– Ship packages to work, have a neighbor pick them up, or pick them up from a delivery company
– Pick up your mail everyday
– If you have not received mail you were expecting check with sender to see if it was sent
– If you have not received a check or credit card you were expecting check with the sender, and watch for back accounts for fraudulent charges
– Report any suspicious activity around mailboxes to law enforcement right away.
If you think you may have had some of your mail taken you are asked to contact the Waite Park Police Department during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) at 320-251-6300.