Victims of Carbon Monoxide Lived in Camper
RICE LAKE TOWNSHIP, Minn. (AP) - Family members say the father and daughter who died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning and two siblings who were injured were living in a camper in St. Louis County.
Rick Cozzi says his brother, Michael Mechley, did the best he could to get by and that his three children "were his universe."
The 39-year-old father and his 11-year-old daughter, Charlene, died in the 5th-wheel camper Wednesday in Rice Lake Township.
Two other Mechley children, 15-year-old Karley and 14-year-old Noah, are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at Hennepin County Medical Center. Cozzi says his brother was divorced and the children lived with their dad during the winter and attended Duluth schools. Cozzi says his brother was a great father who was always willing to help family, friends or anyone.