UPDATE: Apparent Carbon Monoxide Victim Identified
WALKER (AP) - Cass County authorities have identified the man who died after apparently suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in an ice fishing house on Leech Lake.
Sheriff's officials said Tuesday 34-year-old Jared Nels Johnson, of Akeley, died and three others in the fish house were sickened on Walker Bay Sunday afternoon.
One of the surviving men was taken to a Park Rapids hospital, then transferred to a Twin Cities hospital, while the two others were treated at the scene.
Investigators say propane devices that were being used to heat the structure were not properly ventilated.