Torch Sparks Fire Near Hawick
HAWICK - A shed has been destroyed by a fire in rural Meeker county. The Sheriff's Office says the call came in at about 9:40 p.m. Monday night for the fire in Union Grove Township near Hawick.
The shed was fully engulfed by the time fire crews arrived.
Thirty-eight-year-old Joseph Flanders says he was working with a torch when some corn stalks caught fire. He was able to get the farm equipment he was working on out of the shed.
Damage is estimated at $100,000.
No one was hurt.