Top 5 at 7:45 – What Kids Should Do Instead of Using Screens
This week is take a break from screens week for kids. How can kids rid themselves of T.V., video games, cellphones, IPads and other screens? Here is a list of 5 things kids can do. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekday mornings with me on WJON.
5) Run around and play – We should never have to tell kids to do this but kids don’t always do this without encouragement.
4) Do some work – Help around the house with chores. Your parents will appreciate it.
3) Organize a game with neighbor kids – I always did this as a kid.
2) Talk to your parents – A little bonding could go a long way.
1) Use your imagination – Some of our best childhood memories were when we created something for ourselves to do.