MILLVILLE (AP) - A 3-year-old boy suffered critical burns to more than half his body while his siblings played with matches and lighter fluid in Wabasha County.

Millville police say the children were spraying charcoal lighter fluid into a tin lunch box and igniting it near the front porch of their home Monday afternoon. One of the children stomped on the box and splashed the burning fluid onto the 3-year-old. The other children were 9 years old and younger.

The children's mother suffered burns to her hands when she tried to put out the flames on the 3-year-old. The boy was taken by helicopter to Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester. The mother was transported by ambulance.