Tips To Keep Calories In Check For The Holidays
My good friend Ashley Kibutha is a dietitian and Nutritionist at Coborn's. Ashley stopped by our studios last week to give us some great tips on saving on calories that could mean the difference in several added pounds over the holiday season. You can listen to the complete interview by clicking on the media player at the bottom of this page.
The Month Long Strategy Plan- Decrease Calories and increase exercise
- Have a snack prior to attending a party.
- Eat lots of Fruits and/or Veggies first.
- Eat less meat and high fat side dishes.
- Drink water and avoid sugary drinks. (Stay hydrated).
- Skip dessert or make mini cupcakes, or single servings
- Use a smaller plate
- Slow down...enjoy each bite of food.
- Don't sit by the food stand..walk around
- Chew gum
- Encourage an office holiday food policy. Set up some ground rules for everyone to follow, like banning holiday left overs, and encourage employees to bring healthy options to holiday gatherings.
- Burn extra calories. Do something every day to get your heart pumping. If you're already on an exercise plan, add an extra 10 to 15 minutes to each workout. If you don't exercise regularly, try adding extra activity to your day.