The Weekender: Las Cafeteras, Terri Clark, Ring of Kerry and More!
ST. CLOUD — There is music in the air throughout Central Minnesota this weekend. Enjoy the cultural stylings of Las Cafeteras at St. Ben's, some Irish tunes with Mill Creek Irish and Ring of Kerry, check out country music stars Terri Clark and Pam Tillis at Grand Casino and here a string back quartet called Fry Street Quartet in downtown St. Cloud. Read more in The Weekender!
An infectious sound of urban folk music comes to the College of St. Benedict's. Las Cafeteras brings music to life through unique instruments like a donkey jawbone, a wooden platform and many more. Their inspiring lyrics are sung in English, Spanish and Spanglish and is promised to be a cultural rich event. Tickets are just $15 dollars. Showtime begins at 9:00 p.m. tomorrow (Friday) nights.
- Friday, March 17th, 9:00 p.m.
Kick St. Patrick's Day off with a little Irish music at the Paramount Theatre tomorrow (Friday). Ring of Kerry is a bursting-with-energy Irish music group that captures the hearts of listeners. Its Celtic music is played with a heart much closer to its American home and is always new and dynamic. Tickets for the show are $20. You'll have two chances to catch the show with one at 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Friday.
- Friday, March 17th, 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Two of country music biggest names come to Grand Casino this weekend. Terri Clark and Pam Tillis with both be performing at the Convention Center Saturday night. Terri Clark worked her way up from the bar scene, breaking out in the ‘90s with two platinum albums. Pam Tillis broke out as a singer-songwriter with hits like "Maybe It Was Memphis." If you're a fan of country music it's a show you won't want to miss. Tickets range between $30-$35 and are limited. Show starts at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18th, 6:00 p.m.
An amazingly talented group will be performing in downtown St. Cloud this weekend. The Fry Street Quaret is a multi-faceted ensemble taking chamber music to new heights. The group has performed from Carnegie Hall to London and more. The string quartet provides a depth of expression and stunning music to the ear. Tickets are $25 and the show will take place at the Black Box theatre starting at 7:30 p.m. Saturday night.
- Saturday, March 18th, 7:30 p.m.
- 5Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in downtown St. Cloud with St. Cloud's Irish band Mill Creek Irish. The group will be performing at DB Searle's Second Floor Friday night. Along with the music you will also get a chance to take some traditional Irish food and great Irish beer and whiskey! The event is free to attend. The music runs from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.EVENT IS FREE!- Friday, March 17th, 6:30 p.m.