Contact Us

Stearns County Adding Staff to Human Services Department

Steven Wright

ST. CLOUD — Add Stearns County to the list of Minnesota counties which are adding staff to their Human Services department.

It’s in response to the Affordable Care Act and changes to state health care laws. Stearns County Human Services Administrator Mark Sizer says they need the workers to help handle the increased caseload.  Stearns County is expecting 3,954 additional new cases coming in.

Sizer says they are hiring four financial workers, three process specialists, one financial systems specialist and one clerical position.

The federal government will pay for 75% of the cost, or about $665,000. The county will be responsible for the remaining 25%, or $105,000.

Sizer says a second phase of the plan will be to hire an additional seven staff members in the future.

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!