Radio Recipes – Kaitlyn & Cindy Make “Black Bean & Corn Chili” [VIDEO]
BLACK BEAN & CORN CHILI
Mix 94.9 FM
HATS OFF TO KAITLYN AND HER MOM CINDY!
My radio friends Kaitlyn and her mom Cindy Reichel have been at it again, lucky for us! This time, they've made a delicious chili, that I'm going to make this weekend. I can't wait to try it. Yum! Thanks for this wonderful video and recipe Cindy! Here's the recipe.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 3-4 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce chopped
- 1-2-teaspoons adobo sauce from peppers
- 1 12 oz bag of frozen corn
- 1 cup Masterpiece barbecue sauce
- 2 cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cans black beans rinsed and drained
- Fry ground beef in olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or until the onions are soft.
- Top chili with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
TIPS FOR YOU
- Try using ground turkey instead of ground beef for a healthier option.
- Use more or less of the peppers and adobo sauce, depending on your spice preference.
- If you don't like black beans, you can substitute with kidney beans or any other canned bean.
- Instead of using sour cream, top chili with plain greek yogurt.
- The longer the chili cooks, the better the flavors blend.