Radio Recipes: Chicken Tortilla Soup Featuring Kaitlyn & Cindy [VIDEO]
Mix 94.9 FM
My good friends Cindy & Kaitlyn have been busy in the kitchen this week making a delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup! MMMM! You're going to LOVE this recipe. Find the recipe below.
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 42 oz chicken broth (3-14 oz cans)
- 32 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 cup medium chunky salsa
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Tortilla chips
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
Melt butter in pot and add garlic and onion over medium heat. Cook until onion is slightly translucent. Add flour and cook additional minute. Add broth, whipping cream, salsa, fajita seasoning, cumin, and chicken soup. Mix well. Add beans, chicken, and corn. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Top soup with crushed tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and parsley (optional)
- Cut out the whipping cream and use 1/2 and 1/2 instead to make it a little healthier
- To make it an easy weeknight meal, precook chicken and freeze so it's ready anytime.
- Forgot to make your chicken ahead of time but want this soup? Pick up a rotisserie chicken.
- After the holidays? Got left over turkey? Try adding turkey instead of chicken.
- Like spicy? Try using a HOT salsa rather than medium.
- Don't like spicy? Tame it down by using mild salsa.
SUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!