Radio Recipes – Best Broccoli Salad
Recently I visited The Local Pantry in Brooten Minnesota. I met a wonderful woman named Pam who got me hooked on her Broccoli Salad. If you want the best Broccoli Salad I have ever tasted, you'll have to find The Local Pantry. Here's my recipe for broccoli salad. I think you'll like it too. As always, adjust to your taste buds, and make it your own.
- 2 1/2 pounds of fresh broccoli
- 1/2 pound of bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 ups of Mayo
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Fry bacon and once it's crispy, drain on paper towel. After it is fairly dry, crumple the paper towel around it and sqeeze to crumble the bacon into tiny bits..
2. Rinse your broccoli and drain. I use my Ninja food processor to chop into tiny tiny bits.
3. Combine Mayo, sugar, and vinegar and stir until smooth.
4. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and pour mixture over until well mixed.
5. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours before serving for best flavor.