Propane Heater Blamed for Mobile Home Fire in Sauk Rapids
SAUK RAPIDS - A mobile home has been destroyed by fire. Sauk Rapids Fire Chief Jason Fleming says they were called to the home at 1945 North Benton Drive just before 8:30 a.m. this (Friday) morning.
He says the homeowner was sleeping and woke-up to smoke in the home. There was a propane heater under the home that was being used to thaw some frozen water lines, which is most likely the cause of the fire.
The homeowner got out safely. The home is a total loss.