UPDATE: PouchTec Employees Return to Work After Inhaling Harmful Chemical
FOLEY - Several employees at a Foley based packaging company are expected to be back at work after inhaling a chemical substance Saturday night.
PouchTec Industries President Bob Jones says the substance was caused by an accidental mixing between cleaning solutions in one of their tanks.
Jones says a supervisor called the Foley Fire department at about 9:45 p.m. after one employee complained of feeling sick after breathing in the mixture.
15 people were taken to St. Cloud Hospital as a precaution, due to being exposed to the solution.
Jones says all employees were released from the hospital after about 18 hours and all expect to return this week to their normal shifts.
Foley Fire Chief Mark Pappenfus says there is no harm to the public as a result of the accident.