ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) - Rochester police say an investigation has found there was no threat to children who reported an attempted abduction at a bus stop last week.

Police said that the 7-year-old girl and her 6-year-old brother told investigators they were dropped off Feb. 12 outside their apartment building and were approached by a woman and a man with a knife. Capt. John Sherwin says police spent the past week interviewing other people in the area and corroborating details with the children.

Sherwin says police concluded the attempted abduction as reported by the children "did not occur." He says the children are nonnative English speakers, and that aspects of the children's report changed with interpreters.

Sherwin says there was no knife, and that police were able to verify some circumstances occurred but that there was no threat.