UPDATE: 2 Die In Trailer With High Carbon Monoxide
RICE LAKE TOWNSHIP, Minn. (AP) - St. Louis County sheriff's officials have identified the father and daughter who died and the girl's two siblings who were injured in an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning case near Duluth.
Authorities say 39-year-old Michael Mechley and 11-year-old Charlene Mechley were found dead in a camper in Rice Lake Township Wednesday night.
Two others, 15-year-old Karley Mechley and 14-year-old Noah Mechley, were rushed to Essentia Hospital in Duluth. A hospital spokeswoman says the two teens have been transferred to another facility.
Rice Lake Township firefighters say the carbon monoxide levels in the camper were high and a generator was found nearby.