Over 200 Citations Given During 2014 SCSU Move-In Weekend
ST. CLOUD - The St. Cloud Police Department has released the number of citations given during the three-day move-in weekend at St. Cloud State University.
St. Cloud Police increased their staffing and enforcement efforts in area neighborhoods during the weekend for move-in day.
Police say the number cited during the weekend increased compared to the last several years. A total of 223 people were cited for various offenses. According to St. Cloud State University officials, of the 223 cited, 100 are current SCSU students.
The top three citations were for underage consumption of alcohol (100 citations), having an open container on the street (64 citations) and noise violations or loud parties (32 citations).
The Stearns County Jail booked 30 people on a variety of charges that were related to move-in day enforcement.
Of the 100 underage consumption charges, 84 were directed toward the diversion program being given by St. Cloud State University.
Last year, only 59 people were cited during move in weekend.
St. Cloud City Officials and Police contacted over 2,000 people before move in weekend in an effort to welcome students and remind them of rules and ordinances in place.
Complete list of citations:
- Under 21 Consumption: 100
- Open Container Street/Sidewalk: 64
- Possession of Alcohol (18-21 YOA): 3
- Possession of Small Amount of Marijuana: 3
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: 3
- Disorderly Conduct: 7
- Noise Violation-Yelling and Shouting, Loud Stereo: 18
- Noise Violation-Loud Party: 32
- Failure to Leave Loud Party: 2
- Social Host: 15
- Littering: 3
- Criminal Damage to Property: 1
- Fireworks Possession: 1
- Fleeing on Foot: 5
- Urinating in Public: 6
- Obstructing the Legal Process: 9
- 5th Degree Assault: 6
- False Information to Police: 3
- Driving After Revocation or Suspension: 3
- No Proof of Insurance: 2
- Expired Registration: 1
- In Park After Hours: 2