Officials Say Man Killed In Fire Was Smoking While On Oxygen
ST. PAUL (AP) - Authorities have identified the St. Paul man who died in a weekend house fire.
Neighbors called in the fire early Saturday morning as they saw smoke coming outside of the man's home. Firefighters extinguished a fire in the basement and found a 64-year-old man dead in a living room chair. They found no other victims.
The man was identified Monday as Michael Cyril Buckley. St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard said the fire was caused by smoking while using an oxygen tank.
Neighbors said Buckley lived alone and appeared to have health issues that might have impaired his ability to move.